The word Chakra originates from Sanskrit and means wheel. Chakras are energy centers within the human body that help to regulate all its processes, from organ function to the immune system and emotions. We can commonly count 7 chakras positioned throughout your body, from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Each chakra has its own vibrational frequency, that is depicted through a specific chakra color, and governs specific functions that help make you, well, human.
Read over the reflections section of each Chakra to find out what blockages your may be experiencing.
Location: Base of the Spine
Endocrine Gland: Adrenal Cortex
Physical Organs: Spine, hip joints, rectum, blood, immune system
Psychological Functions: Connection between the physical self to the higher self (spiritual self), capacity to accept ourselves and others, to trust, to express and resolve anger, hostility, joy, love, grief, forgiveness. Sense of having what you need, abundance, prosperity and good health
· Is it easy to give and receive love?
· Do you love yourself unconditionally?
· Do you accept yourself just the way you are?
· Do you love others unconditionally?
· Do you feel empathy for others?
· Do you struggle with keeping healthy relationships?
· Do you feel lonely or isolated?
· Do you carry unresolved relationships from the past?
· Do you feel fear or resentment towards love or being loved?
Psychological Functions: It represents communication, the expression of truth, our emotional intelligence, and our ability to hear the thoughts of others, the voice inside of you and to develop clairaudience (hearing guide)
· Do you feel understood?
· Are you able to listen to others?
· Do you communicate with ease and honesty?
· Do you have difficulties to express yourself?
· Do you speak your truth?
Location: At the level of the forehead, between your eyes and just above your eyebrows